Welcome to my Blog!

Go get a cup of joe, and enjoy!







Monday, January 25, 2010

Nice day with 2nd wife Jan 25, 2010

# 1



# 2



Today was spent in the garage with my second wife, 'Cheryl-928' conducting electrical clean up, and the beginning of my pre-maintenance. During this week's research at: http://forums.rennlist.com/ which is my new 'hobby' link, I have read most 928 problems are electrical, as you can imagine the components and wiring are 30 + plus years old. I began the journey with a trip to Auto-Zone, carrying our newborn in a car seat, browsing the isles. I purchased a can of CRC QD Electronic Cleaner, returned home, and went to work; well, after a diaper change, feeding etc.. :) I cleaned the battery area, all cables, terminals, ground wires for the speedometer and odometer, and pretty much took a tooth brush, fine sandpaper, or a wire brush to every piece of corroding connection, and bolt I could locate. Of course, I could not find all the ground points as instructed. Of course, posted my lack of abilities, and knowledge on the group for help. One important item, I cleaned was the interior light dimmer switch (photo# 2), which I removed from underneath the dash, and cleaned every fuse and relay in my 1978 'Retro' Fuse box. (photo# 1). I noticed one fuse was previously burnt and removed, and another relay was missing. I will go back in once I find out where the other ground points are. Nothing much else to report except I received my license plate today, and now "official." :) Of course, the bolts to place the plate on had to be metric, to go through the 'assigned' threads on the plate holder, so had to 'wing it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment