Welcome to my Blog!

Go get a cup of joe, and enjoy!







Saturday, January 23, 2010

300 plus mile trip January 22, 2010

I realize the 928 was made for driving. It is produced for Germany, and Europe Autoban travel. How fast is this car? Well, it is as fast, (as hard as you can grind your teeth and bear the speed). It is amazing to me this vehicle is on the road that can double the Interstate speed limit. I am very thankful, my father did not co-sign for me when I was a young teenager. I showed him a 1986 924 model. I did have decent grades, I did have a good job, and just wanted him to co-sign for me. That's it! Needless to say, he did come with me and looked at the car, he did talk with the salesman; however, decided against it. I was angry he did not do it. However at the present time, I am very thankful he did not, as I probably would of wrapped myself around a telephone pole; as teenagers are invincible, lack driving experience, subject to peer pressure, and probably would of hurt myself showing off to some girl, or friends... Anyway, I enjoy all the looks, and all the people who point at the car as I am going down the road. I recently made a trip on I-75, totaling 300 plus miles. I noticed the car drives alot better once it is warmed up. The motor was warm, as I felt it on my legs, however it was not 'hot,' the temp gauge was perfect. Since being a Porsche fanatic for thirty-plus years, I have read every article I could get my hands on of Porsche automobiles. I once read, while traveling on the autoban, Porsche' has the right of way. Motorists give a "courtesy" flash with the headlamps, or turn on the left turn signal to friendly inform the driver ahead, to please yield to the right. It is not what you think, like an aggressive driver flash, just one quick flash. I never pass to the right, or never-ever drive in-between cars. I always stay in the fast/left lane and just cruise. You should of seen the look of a driver of a new Dodge Charger when receiving a courtesy flash. :0 I am sure he was not used to it....................there really is no substitute!

No comments:

Post a Comment