Welcome to my Blog!

Go get a cup of joe, and enjoy!







Saturday, January 23, 2010

All (4) wheels balanced


All four wheels balanced for only $28.00. Each individual wheel is put on a digital diagnostic, rotating machine, and the mechanic then adds the wheel weights, which are attached by double-sided tape, and are placed on the inside of all the wheel wells. It is important to know, every time she is worked on, I am right there learning. I am not in the 'waiting room,' reading a magazine. I am learning about my car, and actually becoming an auto-mechanic enthusiast. Hey, there may be life after retirement. A Porsche mechanic? The vehicle runs alot smoother at high speed. *Note: was shown by the mechanic, while the wheel was spinning, my left-rear rim is slightly bent. 'Probably a woman driver who previously struck a curb.' Recommended an alignment with a 'Hunter' machine, as both front tires are wearing on the inside. I understand, and have studied this is common on the 928. The vehicle drives straight, and does not pull either way, just the tread is wearing on the insides. Must prioritize! Must be my next project. I was thinking of getting some missing paint chips cleaned up, and actually got an estimate from a friend at $250.00 for the front, and $250.00 for the back, but this will have to wait.... A simple rule: "Mechanical before Beautification."

No comments:

Post a Comment