Welcome to my Blog!

Go get a cup of joe, and enjoy!







Saturday, January 23, 2010

Import Car Service January 13,2010




Well, it was time to drive the Porsche to 'Import Car Service,' and meet with the owner. "Hey another 928!" A perfect place to go! Ok, I was honest and up front, and told him the vehicle did not have a "Maintenance History," and was starting from scratch. I came in requesting an oil change, and transmission fluid change, and did mention the gear shifter had too much play. Do you think you can just pick up -Mobil 1- synthetic oil and put that in? No..., it must have 20/50, and 'she' sucked up (9) quarts @ $54.00. An oil filter, for a 1978 Porsche, which had to be ordered from WorldPac $18.57. What? needs a new drain plug? $18.10. My shift-coupler I needed, was ordered for $88.60, which will be delivered in a few days, which means I will be back. New gear oil $60.00, as she sucked up 6 quarts of 75/90. A new sealer $6.00/plus $4.80 fitting. Not bad. Total $250.07. I really thought it would be much more! Oh, did I forget labor? Oh Yeah...$70.00. Since I was coming back in a few days, I told the owner to add the additional $70.00 labor. Total visits: (2) @ grand total $417.37. Yes, I am in the dog house........
The shop owner recommended new shocks, and a new power steering hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment