Welcome to my Blog!

Go get a cup of joe, and enjoy!







Monday, February 1, 2010

Preventive Maintenance Checks & Services Feb 1, 2010


Today was a slight rain, but it did not matter. For the past few days, I have read several articles about types of coolants, and over-heating issues on https://www.928gt.com/ This has been pressing on my mind for the past few days. One important lesson I learned in the military is PMCS, (Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services) which is designed to ensure your military vehicle is combat effective, and to ensure your mobility is not compromised during a mission. After reading several posts at rennlist, and research from other 928 owner pages on this issue, I have made two 'concrete' conclusions:


#1 The motor is aluminum, and a recommended brand is: Zerex G-05® Antifreeze with low-silicate, low-pH, and phosphate-free formula.


#2 My high maintenance 'priss' prefers: "distilled water." Of course on my previous Publix trip, I had to get a Crystal bottle for $1.09, so I completed a top off this morning.


I guess, I will spend some time with my wife now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment